Top Tips Tuesday: Cocktail Of The Month
Hello lovelies, you’ve arrived at our September cocktail of the month!
It only seems like Mojito and Margarita season was just beginning a couple of weeks ago. Where oh where did summer go? Now there are only a few days left before the official start of autumn (gasp).
Thankfully, changes in season only mean good things for your cocktails. To keep it fresh and fruity, change up your delicious September drinks menu with ripe, juicy berries that only have a few weeks left to live, and fruits that are just getting their cool-weather lustre, like apples and pears. The best part? Cooler weather means lots of whiskey, baileys, brandy and warming liqueurs.
Chilly fall weather is the perfect excuse to create delicious signature cocktails for your wedding. But don’t think you have to save these recipes just for your wedding day—they’re sure to be crowd pleasers; whether served at your engagement party, or hen. Alternatively, simply just stir one up with your partner and snuggle up in front of the fire.
We’re Introducing the Pear and Thyme Fizz. You’ll be sure to be stepping into fall with this perfect little recipe…
Recipe to serve six…
- 475ml of good-quality fresh apple juice
- 1 ripe but firm pear, very thinly sliced!
- 12 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 60ml orange-flavoured liqueur – we recommend Cointreau
- 1 bottle sparkling wine (champagne, prosecco, cava, etc.)
- Ice to taste
1. In a pitcher, combine the apple juice, pears, thyme and liqueur. Then stir together and refrigerate for 2 – 4 hours. This allow’s the pears and thyme to infuse the juice with lots of flavor.
2. Next, divide the drink between 6 (or to however much you are serving) champagne flutes. Discard the thyme, then fill remainder of each glass with champagne and ice if necessary. Garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh thyme. Bottoms up!
What a perfect combination of herbal infusions and fruity deliciousness.
This cocktail could not be simpler, and since all the ingredients can be mixed together in a big pitcher, it’s party-perfect! For maximum flavor, combine the apple juice, pears and thyme a few hours before serving. Similar to a sangria, the fruit and herbs infuse the entire drink with a more complex yummy flavor!
Don’t miss our latest reviews, beauty featured and delicious cocktails: subscribe to The Wedding Affair blog today and get the posts delivered straight to your inbox.
The Wedding Affair