Images: Pout Media
The Beauty Bible: Party Face Perfection. Jennfer Jane Makeup Artist on The Perfect Smokey Eye
Hello, lovelies! I hope that you’re all well and looking forward to a couple of days off? I just know that we have the most wonderful feature as part of our ‘Beauty Bible’ to take you through to your weekend festivities. Of course, we’re thanking the gorgeous Jennifer Jane Makeup Artist who’s very kindly shared her pearls of wisdom on how to re-create the perfect party smokey eye. Gosh, I know it’s something I’ve always struggled with!
Take it away, Jenn!
Party face perfection -Top tips for an easy Smokey Eye
It’s the one time of year we are expected to pull out all the stops on the beauty front and there are plenty of looks to choose from but my all time favourite is the Smokey Eye.
Where smokey eyes are concerned, I like to apply the eyes first as it’s easier to tidy up any fall out or smudges from the eye makeup.
1. Start by applying your usual moisturizer and a little lip balm.
2. Apply your eyeliner underneath your bottom lashes first. Blend the liner with a small pointy brush to give the line a nice soft appearance. Remove any unwanted smudges with a cue tip.
3. Apply liner to the upper lash line as close to the lash line as possible and blend to soften. It’s a good idea to always start with less and add more as you go along for more definition as it’s easier to add than it is to take away.
4. To make it more intense add a black eye shadow on top of the liner and blend outwards towards the crease. Do the same on the bottom line but use a smaller brush and blend.
5. If you have any fallout or smudges at this point use a makeup remover wipe or something similar to remove (hence the back to front application tip!!).
6. Apply your foundation, blusher and a nudish lip. Fix you hair and you’re good to go!
Black is very dramatic so great for the evening. You can however choose a myriad of colour variations or browns for a softer look.
TOP TIP!! “To party proof your makeup, mist your face with a light coverage of hairspray! Its may sound rather bizarre but it works wonders!”
A little about Jenn: Jennifer Jane Makeup Artist is an internationally acclaimed hair and makeup artist based between North Yorkshire and the Balearic Islands. Known for her versatility and flare, Jennifer can create timeless and elegant looks for an array of events – with the belief that ‘less is more’ – but also contemporary cutting edge looks for high fashion and editorial.
Trained at The London College of Fashion and Rouge School of Makeup, she is also a qualified Airbrush technician using Airbase foundations. She uses premium cosmetic brands, favouring Bobbi Brown, MAC, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Laura Mercier, Nars, Becca and Charlotte Tilbury – all selected for their effectiveness and longevity.
Don’t miss our weekly ‘Beauty Bible’ features, : subscribe to The Wedding Affair blog today and get the posts delivered straight to your inbox.
The Wedding Affair