Cocktail Of The Month: Pear And Thyme Fizz…
It seems like Mojito and Margarita season was just beginning a couple of weeks ago. Where oh where did summer go?
Thankfully, changes in season only mean good things for your cocktails. To keep it fresh and fruity, change up your September drinks list with ripe, juicy berries that only have a few weeks left to live, and fruits that are just getting their cool-weather lustre, like apples and pears.
Chilly fall weather is the perfect excuse to create delicious signature cocktails for your wedding. But don’t think you have to save these recipes just for your wedding day—they’re sure to be crowd pleasers; whether served at your engagement party, rehearsal, or hen or stag party. Or, simply just stir one up with your partner after as a reward after a session of hard wedding planning!
Introducing the Pear and Thyme Fizz…
Recipe… *Serves Six –
- 475ml of good-quality fresh apple juice
- 1 ripe but firm pear, very thinly sliced!
- 12 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 60ml orange-flavoured liqueur – we recommend Cointreau
- 1 bottle sparkling wine (champagne, prosecco, cava, etc.)
Ice to taste
1. In a pitcher, combine the apple juice, pears, thyme and liqueur. Then stir together and refrigerate for 2 – 4 hours. This allow’s the pears and thyme to infuse the juice with lots of flavor.
2. Next, divide the drink between 6 (or to however much you are serving) champagne flutes. Discard the thyme, then fill remainder of each glass with champagne and ice if necessary. Garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh thyme. Bottoms up!
What a perfect combination of herbal infusions and fruity deliciousness. Step into fall with this perfect little recipe….
This cocktail could not be simpler, and since all the ingredients can be mixed together in a big pitcher, it’s party-perfect! For maximum flavor, combine the apple juice, pears and thyme a few hours before serving. Similar to a sangria, the fruit and herbs infuse the entire drink with a more complex yummy flavor!
Don’t miss our latest news about joining our Approved Supplier List and exhibiting at our wedding fairs: subscribe to the WeddingHour blog today and get the posts delivered straight to your inbox.
The Wedding Affair